I found this recipe on the Sisters' Cafe and knew I had to try it. We loved it! In fact Tory just went grocery shopping and came home with a huge bag of zucchini so I can make it again! A great way to use up zucchini if you have a lot growing in your garden. Mmmm...so fresh and very simple to make. I added some yellow crookneck squash as well, just because I had some that I needed to use. Easy to make vegetarian. I didn't add the bacon, half-n-half, sour cream, or cheese. Very healthy. My baby even loved it! The only problem was that there wasn't enough!
**I've made this several more times and have added a can of white beans, rinsed and drained, just before blending. Makes it a little more filling and you never even know they're in there. Another time I added walnuts and blended them right up, too. They were very tasty!
Zucchini Soup
1 cup chopped onions
1 T. olive oil
3 cups sliced zucchini
2 cups vegetable broth or water
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
½ cup non-dairy milk-almond, rice, soy, etc.
In a large saucepan cook onions in melted butter until tender. Add sliced zucchini and broth and bring to a boil. Simmer until tender (about 15 min.) Add salt and pepper. Cool slightly. Pour mixture into blender and puree it. Stir in milk. Return to saucepan and reheat, but do not boil. Makes 6 servings.

No comments:
Post a Comment