This is yet another recipe from my friend, Jen, over at Belly Bites. She's got some good stuff so don't be surprised if I post more. :) This is such a yummy vegan ranch dressing substitute. I am a ranch fan all the way. It is my most favorite dressing ever. I like it on everything and it makes everything better. My kids love this, too. They come running with spoons when I make it. Yes, it's that good. One thing I have done to thicken it up without adding more Vegenaise is to add a cup of Sunflower Seed Sour Cream to this recipe (posted below this recipe as well.) This turns it into a great dip for veggies or if you just want a rich, thick, and creamy dressing. Either way is good though. Without the Sunflower Seed Sour Cream is quicker to whip up but if you have some leftover SSSC then this would be a great way to use it up.
Vegan Ranch Dressing & Dip
1 cup Vegenaise (like Mayo)
1/4-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1-2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, dill, and chives-chopped (or 1-2 tsp. dried)
1 cup Sunflower Seed Sour Cream, optional
Whisk all ingredients together, except milk, until well combined. Then slowly add the milk until you get the consistency of dip or dressing you like. It will thicken some after it's chilled. Chill and let flavors combine. Mmmm...
-------------------------------------
Sunflower Seed Sour Cream
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 cup water
4 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 garlic clove pressed (or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder)
1/2-3/4 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Place ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.

No comments:
Post a Comment