And another variation on the "ball" snacks. Again, you can substitute different nut butters, sweetener, and/or use a different cereal such as brown rice krispies.
Peanut Butter Protein Balls
1 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup brown rice syrup (or honey)
1/4 cup. wheat germ or wheat bran
1/4 cup grown flax seed
1/4 cup rice protein powder
1 cup millet puffs, plus additional for rolling if desired
Heat peanut butter and brown rice syrup in a small saucepan. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Use just one cup millet puffs. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until well combined. Roll into balls using one tablespoon of mixture per ball. Roll in a shallow bowl filled with additional puffed millet if desired. Makes about 24 balls. Store refrigerated.

2 comments:
Where do you get your rice protein powder? I've only ever seen whey and soy, and neither of those work with allergies in my family.
I bought mine at Sprouts. (Very front right corner of store by all of the supplements.) The one I have is by NutriBiotic. It's the vanilla rice protein. 80% protein. It's made from sprouted brown rice and has lots of naturally occurring amino acids. There are other flavors and brands, too. I think a sale or the price is what made me get this one. ;) But it's pretty good. Sometimes I add it to our shakes and you can definitely taste it but it's not unpleasant. Maybe if it wasn't vanilla flavored it would be less noticeable? Either way it's not bad. Hope that helps!
Post a Comment