Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cherry Date-Nut Balls

Another "ball" recipe.  I don't have a picture of this one for some reason but this is the first "ball" recipe I ever made about three years ago.  They are very easy and have no added sweeteners.  The dates sweeten them right up.  This is one of my personal favorites.  I've substituted with other dates I have if I don't have Medjool dates.  Just make sure it's about 1/3 cup.

Cherry Date-Nut Balls

3/4 cup nuts (almonds and walnuts)
1 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
4 large Medjool dates, pitted (about 1/3 cup)
1/3 cup dried cherries
flaked unsweetened coconut (optional)


Grind the nuts in a food processor until they are coarsely chopped. Add the flax seeds and pulse to incorporate. Add the dates and cherries, and process until everything is completely chopped and combined. Pinch a little of the mixture together to see if it sticks together or falls apart. If it's too sticky, add more nuts. If it won't form a ball, add more dates or cherries.  Form into balls about the width of a quarter. If you want, you can roll them in coconut. Makes about 16.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...