Update: I made these this morning and half way through the recipe I discovered I didn't have any oats! I ALWAYS have oats! So I decided to use ground millet like THIS recipe does. It was sooo good! Everything else was exactly the same as below. I think I will always make them like this. I just love the crunchiness that the millet gives the muffins plus they seemed to be more moist.
Breakfast in a Muffin
2 c. applesauce (or blended fruit, bananas, peaches, etc.)
2 eggs ( flax eggs=2 Tbsp. ground flax and 6 Tbsp. hot water )
1/3 c. oil
2 eggs ( flax eggs=2 Tbsp. ground flax and 6 Tbsp. hot water )
1/3 c. oil
1/3 c. apple sauce
1/2 c. brown sugar or sweetener of choice
Whisk flax and water first and set aside for 5-10 min. while mixing other ingredients so it can gel up. Stir in flax eggs. Mix well.
1/2 c. brown sugar or sweetener of choice
Whisk flax and water first and set aside for 5-10 min. while mixing other ingredients so it can gel up. Stir in flax eggs. Mix well.
In a separate bowl mix the following:
2 c. flour
2 c. oats (Or use 2/3 c. millet whirled through blender until fine-you get 1 cup)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
Mix well and then add to the wet ingredients. Stir just until moist (don't over-mix!) and spoon 2/3 full into 24 muffin cups. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
2 c. flour
2 c. oats (Or use 2/3 c. millet whirled through blender until fine-you get 1 cup)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
Mix well and then add to the wet ingredients. Stir just until moist (don't over-mix!) and spoon 2/3 full into 24 muffin cups. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.

No comments:
Post a Comment