Poor Brussels sprouts. They tend to have a bad rap. But who wants to eat a mushy, boiled sprout anyway? I have to admit, I've always liked Brussels sprouts, and not just because I served a mission for my church in the Belgium Brussels mission! I even liked them as a kid. They were just so cute and fun and unusual! But these roasted Brussels sprouts are my favorite way to have them. Slightly crunchy and caramelized...perfect! If you've been hesitant to try Brussels sprouts, try them again this way. So good! And they're so good for you. Like broccoli, and other members of the cruciferous family, Brussels sprouts contains sulforaphane, a chemical with potent anticancer properties. So eat up!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
2 cups Fresh Brussels Sprouts
Salt & Pepper
2-3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash and trim ends off Brussels sprouts. Cut into halves or quarters depending on size. (I like them cut into smaller pieces.). Place cut sprouts into a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread onto a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 15 min. Stir and continue to cook for 10-15 min. more or until they start to get some caramelization on them. Serve!

No comments:
Post a Comment