Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Easy Breezy Breadsticks

This is a recipe I got from my friend Becca.  I have made them so many times when I'm short on time and want breadsticks with dinner.  They are so quick and easy and best of all...no rising time!  I have recently started making them with whole wheat flour and substituting honey for sugar and they are so good!  I would recommend using white wheat and if you can grind your own, I always use the finest setting.  Great for breads!  One thing Becca suggested was to put the rolled out dough into a jelly roll pan and then cut them in there.  I just use a pizza cutter to cut them.  That helped a lot because this is a very soft and sticky dough!  Sprinkle with garlic salt, parsley, or any other spices you'd like.

Easy Breezy Breadsticks

1 Tbsp. yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. salt
3 cups flour (white, wheat, or mixture of both)

Dissolve the yeast and honey in warm water. Mix the rest of the ingredients. Roll the dough out into rectangle and cut 1 in. wide and however long you want your breadsticks to be. (I just put my rolled out dough into a jelly roll pan and cut them in there.) Add garlic salt, parsley, etc. if desired.   Bake at 375* for 20 min. (they rise quite a bit in the oven).

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Hey Brooke, do you grease the jelly roll pan before putting the dough in? Also, you don't let the dough rise at all right? These look delicious.

Brooke said...

Yes, just spray it with some cooking spray and you're right...no rising! Sometimes I let my dough rest in the bowl for a few minutes if my oven isn't quite heated up but you don't need to. Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...