We tried this new dish yesterday. It was good but I think I might do something different with the sauce next time. I love tahini and I love balsamic vinegar but it seemed like a little much with this dish. Maybe I'll reduce the balsamic vinegar to 1 Tbsp. next time or maybe switch it out with a tablespoon of tamari or soy sauce. It wasn't bad though, and by the third bite or so you kind of get used to it. I will definitely break the noodles into thirds or fourths next time. I think all of the veggies will mix in better that way. This is best served at room temperature or warm but chilled leftovers can be great for lunch the next day.
Warm Sesame Noodles
1 pound dry whole-wheat, spelt, or brown rice noodles (linguini, fettuccine, or spaghetti)
3 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil (I only used 1 Tbsp. at the most)
1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed
1/2 cup sesame tahini
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. crushed garlic
1 tsp. sweetener of your choice
salt and cayenne pepper (optional)
1/4 cup water, more or less as needed
1 English cucumber, diced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Cook noodles in boiling water until al dente. Drain in a colander, refresh under cold running water, and drain again. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with sesame oil to keep noodles from sticking together. While pasta cooks blanch snow peas in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, cool, and cut into thirds or quarters. Set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together tahini, vinegar, garlic, sweetener, salt, and cayenne pepper to taste, if using. Beating with a fork, add just enough water to make a thick but pourable sauce. Pour over cooked noodles, add reserved snow peas, cucumber, and onions, and toss gently but thoroughly. Adjust seasonings, if necessary. Serve warm or at room temperature.

No comments:
Post a Comment