I tried a new variation with our oats today. I cooked the oats as usual (just regular old fashioned oats today) with raisins (I like to cook my raisins so they're nice and soft and plump) then dished it out into individual bowls. I added 1/2 of a very finely shredded carrot to each bowl, shredded coconut, chopped walnuts, and plenty of cinnamon. Top it off with some almond milk and that's it! It was really tasty! All five kids inhaled it. What a great start to their day! You can sweeten it with your choice of sweetener if desired. We don't put anything on ours. Those carrots really sweeten it up! In the recipe I put amounts for one individual serving. Feel free to add more or less of anything. These are just estimates.
Carrot Cake Oats
1/2 cup dry, old-fashioned oats (or 1 serving steel cut oats, etc.)
2 Tbsp. raisins
1/2 carrot, finely shredded
2 Tbsp. shredded coconut
1 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
cinnamon
almond milk
Cook oats with raisins as directed on package. When done, stir in shredded carrots, coconut, walnuts and cinnamon. Top with almond milk.
No comments:
Post a Comment