Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Quinoa Salad

I LOVE this salad.  It is so refreshing.  I got the recipe from a friend of mine.  She just mentioned that she was making Quinoa Salad one day as we were picking up kids from Cub Scouts.  Just from the name alone I had to have the recipe...and she delivered a few days later.  Then we had a recipe exchange and guess what she made?!  Quinoa Salad!  It was as heavenly as I thought it would be and I was only sorry that I had to share with six other people in my family.  Yes, even my little one-year old loved it.  So I made up a double batch for us!  I told the kids they better get used to this recipe because it's going to be a main attraction this summer!  Go ahead, make yourself up a batch!  I think it's best to make it ahead of time so the flavors have a chance to really mix.  Serve cold!



Quinoa Salad

1/2 cup uncooked Quinoa
1 cup water or broth
1 cup diced red peppers
1 cup frozen corn, partially cooked
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
juice and zest of one lime
1/4 tsp. cumin
3 Tbsp. olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

Rinse quinoa well under water.  Add quinoa to 1 cup water or broth and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 min. or until tender.  Chill in the refrigerator.  Add peppers, corn and cilantro.  Whisk lime juice, zest, cumin and oil and pour over the top.  Mix.

2 comments:

POPPY SEED PROJECTS said...

Brooke! Just made this salad tonight!! YUM!! It was so good. I took your recommendation and doubled the amounts-- it's a good thing! Can't wait to have it for lunch tomorrow!!! Thanks for the great blog! I get lots of good ideas from it! Keep up the good work!

crush said...

Brooke, that was me-- Cami. PoppySeed Projects is the business I work for.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...