This is an unusual combination of ingredients that blend very well together. I clipped this recipe out of a Taste of Home magazine a few years ago and finally got around to making it this week. It was really tasty! Great with a big scoop of mashed butternut squash right next to it. I used the little miniature bow tie pasta. So fun! The only change I made was in the oil. I only used 1/4 cup olive oil and no butter or margarine. It seemed fine to me. If you're worried it might be too dry you might cut the bread crumbs down to 1 cup. Just a suggestion.
Cabbage-Tomato Pasta
2 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced (I didn't peel mine)
2 Tbsp. cider or red wine vinegar
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 cup minced fresh parsley (I didn't have fresh so I used dried...about 2 tsp. probably)
8 oz. uncooked bow tie pasta (half a package)
2 cups shredded cabbage
1-1/2 cups bread crumbs
1/2 cup slivered almonds
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
1/4 cup butter or margarine
In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, vinegar, basil and parsley; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the cabbage during the last 2 minutes. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute bread crumbs, almonds and garlic in oil and butter for 6 minutes or until golden brown. Drain pasta and cabbage; place in a large bowl. Add tomato and crumb mixtures; toss and serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings

No comments:
Post a Comment